Castillo Wulff / Wulff Castle
This emblematic building for its architectural beauty and its natural environment has a unique history that begins when the German merchant in saltpeter, coal and sea transport, based in Chile, Gustavo Wulff, buys Teodoro Von Schroeders a land of 1,260 m2 at the foot Cerro Castillo, in the sector “Miramar”, building there a simple villa of 854 m2, Franco-German style with foundations of rock, which opened in 1908.
The front, a sector more exposed to the inclemency of the ocean, housed a solarium-type gallery with a privileged view of the sea.
Along with this architectural marvel, there is a spiral staircase, built inside a small tower adhered to the main one, that allows access to a balcony with a privileged view towards the estuary of the Marga-Marga estuary, the Casino and the whole northern sector of Viña del Mar.
Teatro Munincipal / Munincipal Theater
Located in front of the Plaza José Francisco Vergara, in the heart of the city, on land donated in 1912 by the daughter of the founder, Blanca Vergara Álvarez, is this imposing building of classic lines and Latin style with Corinthian, Greek and Roman elements.
It has a classic architectural style, with Corinthian columns on its façade and a monumental staircase that enhances its entrance, all of which is crowned with Greco-Roman style windows and doors. For more than 70 years this site has been part of the history of the Garden City, becoming one of its most important cultural and artistic centers
With capacity for 1,100 people, at present, its Official Season includes the exhibition of artists and groups of first importance at national and international level, being also the headquarters of the traditional Dr. Luís Sigall Musical Performance Contest and the Film Festival of Viña del Mar.
On May 9, 2000 it was declared a Building of Historical and / or Architectural Interest, and on November 23, 2009, a National Monument in the category of Historical Monument.
Casino Munincipal / Municipal Casino
San Martín avenue (San Martín 199) is the Casino of Viña del Mar that was inaugurated majestically on December 31, 1930. With the construction of this imposing building, which fuses the Greek style in its lines and the Roman in its drawing, the city of Viña del Mar acquired more prominence in the region and began to be a mandatory destination for all visitors to the area. The Municipal Casino of Viña is not only a high-level gaming room but also a conditioned place to receive artists and a large event center.
Currently the Casino also has a hotel, the Hotel Del Mar, whose rating is 5 stars, as well as elegant restaurants, lounges and green areas.
All the adrenaline of the game is in the Enjoy Viña del Mar casino. More than 1,200 slot machines, 48 gaming tables, more than 200 Bingo positions and the best style make this place the favorite of lovers of the game, entertainment and quality. At your disposal you will have the most modern slot machines and the best table games.
Parque Vergara / Park Vergara
The Palace and the huge park that surrounds it is the set of greatest heritage value of Viña del Mar, under these old and leafy trees imagined and projected the city Francisco Vergara.
The current park is testimony to the permanent work of three generations of plant lovers, a special hobby that began Dolores Pérez and his son Salvador, which gave rise to a true botanical garden of an unsuspected beauty, not only for the rarity of the species, but also because here, as in no other place in the world, there are trees from the cold regions of America, Asia and Europe, and other tropical ones.
On May 9, 2000, the Municipal Council of Viña del Mar declared it Historical Building.
The Museum preserves and exhibits about 60 oils from the Venetian school of the 16th century, the Spanish and Italian oils from the 17th century and the Impressionist paintings by the Spanish Joaquín Sorolla.
Meanwhile, the collection of Chilean painting has been formed through purchases, by valuable donations from well-known residents of the city and by acquisition of local competitions.
The Vergara Palace and Quinta Vergara Park were declared a National Monument in the Historical Monument category on July 31, 2008.
Playa del Deporte / Sport Beach
With a central court and four courts for the practice of volleyball, football and rugby, the Beach of Sport of Viña del Mar, located in the sector of Las Salinas, has become one of the benchmarks of the activity for the Region in the last years.
It also has the Bar Park for Calisthenics and Street Workout, infrastructure consisting of iron bars for body training using resistance as its own weight.
During the day, physical activities such as Zumba, Entertaining Dance and Aerobic Gymnastics take place in the amphitheater and on the esplanade. These activities can be carried out by children, adults and seniors, and a wide variety of inclusive events for people with reduced mobility. As well as includes the participation of pets in the framework of these.
Reloj de Flores / Flower clock
Different flower species give form to this tourist icon, located in a skirt of Cerro Castillo, in front of the Spa of Caleta Abarca, a space of great scenic value and one of the most visited of Viña del Mar.
The election of the Garden City in 1962 as the venue for the VII Professional Football World Championship motivated its construction, its machinery being acquired in Neuchatel, French Switzerland, to the Favag factory and inaugurated on May 15 of the same year.
Its original gear has changed twice, on the last occasion its mechanical system was replaced by an efficient computer, which updates it in terms of technology and will allow it to work for many more decades.
In as much, the maintenance of the flowers that have a height of no more than 10 cm, by the movement of the pointers and the second hand, is made in permanent form and the change of the same is carried out every three months.
Muelle Vergara / Vergara Pier
Work of the signature Lever and Murphy, the Muelle Vergara began to be built in 1892 with the authorization of Salvador Vergara Álvarez, son of the founder of the city Mr. José Francisco Vergara. In its early years it was used for freight transport services within a particular industrial complex.
This symbol of the industrial boom experienced by the Garden City in the first half of the twentieth century, later became a tourist reference after the Municipality of Viña del Mar took over the facilities, which despite not being enabled, were used by amateur fishermen and walkers.
The old port building was remodeled in 1983 and arranged as a tourist walk that goes into the sea, becoming national and international attraction for the inhabitants and visitors of the Garden City. Although, since November 2007 it was closed due to serious damage to its bases and general structures, it soon began repairing and recovering the Pier, icon of the development of Viña del Mar and one of the most striking tourist postcards of the city , next to the Flower Clock.
Dunas de Concón / Dunes of Concón
The location of the dunes is on the coastal road that connects Concón with Viña del Mar, on a terrace 30 meters above sea level, forming a landscape unit of great scenic and tourist value and the coastal edge presents flora and marine fauna of scientific interest, according to the Council of National Monuments.
The natural beauty of these places accounts for a long evolution to its current formation as a structured and functional unit from the geological point of view.
The sanctuary is made up of relevant natural formations of geological dunes and relict sands and is a living testimony of the evolutionary history of the landscape of the central zone.
These are dunes not fed from beaches and also stable, because between 1955 and 1987 it could be observed that there was no invasive advance in the interior lands, due to the vegetation that grew naturally at the base of the front advance of the field.
The biodiversity of the sector presents a vegetation of coastal scrub and shrub vegetation that stabilizes these dunes, on the slopes that face Costanera Avenue, in well preserved and is one of the few sites on the coastal edge of the town where it is still possible observe plant associations of thickets of the central littoral.
Places of interest
Location: Av. Marina 37, Viña del Mar, Región de Valparaíso, Chile.
Distance: 0.83 km from the hotel.
Location: Diego Portales 340, Valparaíso, Región de Valparaíso, Chile.
Distance: 4.05 km from the hotel.
Reloj De Flores / Flower clock
Location: Viña del Mar, Región de Valparaíso, Chile.
Distance: 0.47 km from the hotel.
Playa Ancha / Wide Beach
Location: Patricio Lynch 82, Valparaíso, Región de Valparaíso, Chile.
Distance: 6.64 km from the hotel.
Location: Placeres, Valparaíso, Región de Valparaíso, Chile.
Distance: 3.00 km from the hotel.
Playa Caleta Abarca / Caleta Abarca Beach
Location: Avenida España, Viña del Mar, Quinta Región de Valparaíso, Chile.
Distance: 0.59 km from the hotel.
Playa El Sol / El Sol Beach
Location: San Martín 1130, Viña del Mar, Región de Valparaíso, Chile.
Distance: 2.13 km from the hotel.
La Flor de Chile
Location: 8 Nte., Viña del Mar, Región de Valparaíso, Chile.
Distance: 1.82 km from the hotel.
Location: Urriola 678, Valparaíso, Región de Valparaíso, Chile.
Distance: 6.15 km from the hotel.
Pasta e Vino
Location: Papudo 427, Valparaíso, Región de Valparaíso, Chile.
Distance: 6.01 km from the hotel.